A Revolutionary Ribbon You’ll Love to Record with!
As you might imagine, there are a lot of professional audio engineers here at Sweetwater. We all have our favorite gear, from the mics and preamps we love to the DAWs and monitors we swear by. When it comes to ribbon microphones, few engineers are mild-weathered about the subject. Some of us love their transparent performance and incredible detail, whereas others complain about their subdued high-frequency response. Here’s the mic that’s going to end the debate once and for all! Designed and built by Rupert Neve and sE Electronics, the RNR1 active ribbon microphone is a total game-changer!
Sure the RNR1 has all of the great characteristics that ribbon mic lovers expect: impeccable detail, impressive sensitivity, and heroic SPL handling, but that’s not all. As opposed to most ribbons, which suffer performance drops at around 7-10kHz, the RNR1 actually gains a mild presence boost in the upper mid range. The result is an amazing-sounding ribbon microphone with a nearly ruler flat frequency response that sounds perfectly natural. With an RNR1 in your collection, you’ll be able to capture everything from instruments to vocals more realistically than ever before!
sE Electronics RNR1 Rupert Neve Signature Active Ribbon Microphone Features at a Glance:
- Designed and built by Rupert Neve and sE Electronics
- One of the few ribbon microphones on earth that can capture high frequencies well
- All of the benefits of a ribbon microphone with none of the sonic drawbacks
- Generating element: 2.5-micron aluminum ribbon
- Polar pattern: Figure 8
- Frequency response: 20Hz-25KHz
- Sensitivity: -32dB (referenced 1v/pa +/-1dB)
- Equivalent noise level: 15dB (A weighted)
- Output impedance: 200 Ohms balanced
- Rated load impedance: 1000 Ohms
- Max SPL: Over 135dB
- Requires +48V phantom power